- Product: Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream
- Vendor: Walmart
- Initial Review: 10/30/2014
- Price: 25.99 USD
- Reason for Purchase: Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream asserts on their packaging that this cream firms, lifts and hydrates skin. As a 22-year-old woman I am focused on protecting my skin from wrinkles and dryness that comes with the 20’s skin decline.
Day 1: “Reduces the appearance of lines, boosts hydration and brightens”
Day 14: “Skins is noticeably firmer and skin elasticity is improved”
Day 28: “Reverses the look of up to 10 years of wrinkles”
- Glycerin (can also be called glycerol) – a simple sugar compound. Water Soluble. Prevent skin dryness with its moisturizing properties. It draws up moisture through skin layers and slows/prevents excessive drying/ evaporation.
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3) – diminishes post-inflammatory hyperpigmentations (PIH) caused from conditions like Rosacea or dry skin. Increases hydration by acting as a wall between skin and air.
- Palmitoyl Pentapeptide – 4 (Matrixyl) – a skin rejuvenation compound; it has similar properties as that of retinol without the skin irritation effects. It fights wrinkles by stimulating the synthesis of the key constituents of the skin matrix: collagen, elastin, and glucosamnoglycans.
- Dill Extract (Peucedanum Graveolens) – Dill extract stimulates the activity of the enzyme called Lysyl oxidase-like (LOXL), which is the key element in elastin generation and therefore skin elasticity to delay aging.
- Sodium PEG-7 (Olive Oil Carboxylate) – Olive oil has been noted for its hydrating properties. This ingredient also has exfoliating and cleansing properties as well due to its olive origins.
Hydration: There is most definitely an afterglow once the cream is absorbed in. It comes in a small red jar and is filled to the brim–no cheating here! There is no tingly feeling or any other feelings, but it absorbs nicely and does not grease up the skin. I put it on my face and neck in circular motions quickly. It did moisturize my face nicely, I enjoyed the dewy texture of my skin after.
Wrinkle Reduction: I have not had too many wrinkles in my life so far, but I did not feel any difference in elasticity when I put it on. No large changes so far.
Hydration: My skin has been consistently hydrated. Every time I put it on it has kept my skin soft and dewy. I am able to put it on day and night because it does not interfere with make-up and it also does not get oily on my pillows at night.
Wrinkle Reduction: Not a very large difference in my skin’s elasticity or firmness. I do notice that I have a better glow to my skin and my pores seem reduced, but in terms of lift around my cheeks and my neck, not so much.
Hydration: Just like a month ago my skin was hydrated and felt very maleable. I did not feel any tightness or dryness in my pores that could cause wrinkles. If I were to call this product anything , it would be a wrinkle preventer but not a wrinkled reducer. It can hydrate skin to give the appearance of improved elasticity, but in terms of fixing the wrinkles which are already there it doesn’t have the strength of anti-oxidants to accomplish this goal.
Full Ingredient List
WATER, glycerin, ISOHEXADECANE, NIACINAMIDE*, ISOPROPYL ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, NYLON-12, dimethicone, PANTHENOL**, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE***, SODIUM HYALURONATE, PALMITOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-4^, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT^^, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE^^^, allantoin, STEARYL ALCOHOL, POLYETHYLENE, CETYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER, dimethiconol, SODIUM PEG-7 OLIVE OIL CARBOXYLATE, PEUCEDANUM GRAVEOLENS (DILL) EXTRACT, PEG-100 STEARATE, STEARIC ACID, DISODIUM EDTA, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, citric acid, C12-13 PARETH-3, LAURETH-7, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE, titanium dioxide, MICA. *VITAMIN B3, **PRO-VITAMIN B5, ***VITAMIN E, ^AMINO-PEPTIDE, ^^GREEN TEA, ^^^ALOE VERA