There are two types of vitamin A; however, what we want to concentrate on is what is scientifically known as Retinol. Vitamin A is the key fighter of acne. It does this by diminishing the size of the pores on the skin. It also reduces fine line on the face by rotating skins cells. Vitamin A also has been recorded to lower inflammation on the skin as well as improve discoloration. Although more research is being done, some researchers say that it inspires collagen (the protein that makes the skin “bouncy”) production, which is the most useful tool in anti-aging.
Solution: Fat Soluble
- Retinol: the most common name on acne fighting or skin discoloration products. It can only be found in animals.
- Provitamin A: can be found in plants such as Rosehip.
- Tretinoin: Retinol can convert to Tretinoin, and it is used primarily to cure acne.
- Iso(Tretinoin): best to treat acne by reducing sebum (oil acne-causing bacteria eat) It is simply another name for Retinoic acid.
- Retinoic acid: best maintains healthy skin by skin cell turnover
- Teratogen: rarely used, but another name for Iso (Tretinoin)